CDS Eligibility Details: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is going to conducts Combined Defence Services (CDS) Examination for recruitment of various vacancies under Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy. The following are the eligibility details to apply for the Combined Defence Services Exam.

Eligibility Details:

1. Nationality: A candidate must be either
(a) A citizen of India, or
(b) A subject of Nepal, or
(c) A subject of Bhutan, or
(d) A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(e) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.

2. Age Limit:
(i) For IMA: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02-01-1997 and not later than 01-01-2002
(ii) For Indian Naval Academy: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02-01-1997 and not later than 01-01-2002.
(iii) For Air Force Academy: Unmarried male candidates age between 20 to 24 years as on 1st Jan, 2021 i.e. born not earlier than 02-01-1997 and not later than 01-01-2001 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs.i.e. born not earlier than 02-01-1995 and not later than 01-01-2001).
(iv) For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Course for Men): Male candidates (unmarried) born not earlier than 02-01-1996 and not later than 01-01-2002.
(v) For Officers Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course): Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 02-01-1996 and not later than 01-01-2002.

Note: Male divorcee/widower candidates can not be treated as unmarried male for the purpose of their admission in IMA/INA/AFA/OTA, Chennai courses and accordingly they are not eligible for these courses.

3. Educational Qualification:

(i) For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy: Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
(ii) For Indian Naval Academy: Degree in Engineering from a recognized university/institution.
(iii) For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.

Note: Those candidates who are studying in the final years Degree course and have yet to pass the final year Degree examination are also eligible to apply.

Physical Standards: Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Combined Defence Services Examination (II) 2020.

Click here for CDS Syllabus

Click here for CDS Exam Pattern

Click here for CDS Selection Procedure

118 Responses to “CDS Eligibility Details”

• rubi says:

sir i have passed b.com with 45% marks can i apply for CDS (OTA) please reply

• kamla chaudhary says:

sir, I have passed b.sc.(computer science) with 69.62% and pgdca exam is completed but result is not declared .can I apply the post CDS in air force otherwise can i apply CDS(I)

• Pravel says:

Sir/Mam, Myself pravel i have given b.com 2 year exam but the reasult is awaited my D.O.B.is 22-11-1990[DD/MM/YY] so can i apply

• Ria says:

@pravel
      As per the notification the Candidates must possess Degree from recognized University for IMA, Officers’ training and Air Force. For Indian Naval candidates must possess Degree in Engineering to apply for the vacancies in CDS-II. But the last date for applying the vacancies is already over.

• Mohan Lal says:

Sir,I am pursuing B.tech in Civil engg. in 7th semester. i am eligible for CDS exams for technichal post.Are there any vacancies for civil engineering

• Sonali says:

@Mohan Lal
      As per the notification the candidates must possess Degree from recognized University for IMA, Officers’ training and Air Force. For Indian Naval candidates must possess Degree in Engineering.

(or)
      2.To get daily free SMS alerts for all Government/Sarkari Naukri jobs, Bank jobs, Engineering jobs, Police and Defence jobs, Teaching jobs and other Govt jobs on your mobile send SMS as “ON GOVTJOBSALERT” to 9870807070. Make sure you give SPACE after ON.
      (or)
      3.To get daily E-mail alerts on Jobs enter your E-mail ID at right side top corner of the page and click on SUBSCRIBE button.

• rajee mahapure says:

i am persuing masters in engg. now this is my last year.for which post can i apply ?

• anjali says:

@rajee mahapure
      1.To get latest recruitment updates, visit regularly http://www.freejobalert.com
      (or)
      2.To get daily free SMS alerts for all Government/Sarkari Naukri jobs, Bank jobs, Engineering jobs, Police and Defence jobs,Teaching jobs and other Govt jobs on your mobile send SMS as “ON GOVTJOBSALERT” to 9870807070. Make sure you give SPACE after ON.
      (or)

• AKHIL BABU says:

MY DEGREE 2ND YEAR EXAM HAB BEEN OVER AND MY RESULT WILL ONLY COME AFTER 1 MONTH.AND NOW I HAVE ONLY THE FIRST YEAR CERTIFICATE.SO I WANT TO APPLY FOR THE CDS2 EXAM.SO THEY ARE ASKING A SECYRITY CERTIFICATE.WHAT YOU MEAN BY SECURITY CERTIFICATE.CAN I APPLY FOR CDS 2.IF I CAN APPLY ,THEN WHAT IS A SECURITY CERTIFICATE.PLEASE

• dimpy says:

sir,i have passed my 12th with PCB and doing bsc.in chem honours can i apply for cds ima(ota)

• ayesha says:

@dimpy
      As per notification to apply for the post of IMA and Officers Training Academy candidates must possess Degree from a recognized university.

• khargesh kumar says:

i have completed b.tech from computer science branch.is there any vacancy for technical post and is the physically health will matter for the post.

• ayesha says:

@khargesh kumar
      As per notification vacancies are available for the post of IMA Officers training and Air force and Indian Naval candidates must possess Degree in Engineering for CDSE and (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level). The selected Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Combined Defence Services Examination(II) physical health is important.

• mithun jacob says:

WHAT IS THE AGE LIMIT TO APPLY FOR CDS ?

• ayesha says:

@mithun jacob
      As per notification candidates born not earlier than 2nd July 1988 and not later than 1st July 1994 only are eligible to apply for the post in CDS.

• rahmat ali says:

i have passed(10+2), can i apply for cds

• madhulina says:

@rahmat ali
      As per the notification, the candidates who possess degree in relevant discipline are only eligible to apply for UPSC CDS.

• Ravirohra says:

Sir,i want to apply in cds,under ima ,,n i am doing..b.com final year..can i eliglible for the ima post..n also suggest about the exam dates..

• Rana Chatterjee says:

sir i have passed B.A. in 2011, my D.O.B. is 31/07/1989 can i apply for CDS exam?

• sharda saxena says:

sir, i am B.Sc. final year student. Am i eligible for CDS ?

• Akshara says:

@sharda saxena
      As per the notification, the candidates who are studying the final year degree courses are also eligible to apply the vacancy.

• Kakde Dnyaneshvar says:

Sir,
    I am the student of T.Y.B.Tech electronics.
    My birth date is 13-5-1991. I am interested in air force.

Am I eligible for the cds exam for the year 2012?
    If not is it possible for me to appearfor 2013 cds exam?

• maan says:

@kakde dnyaneshvar
      As per the notification, the candidates born not earlier than 02-07-1989 and not later than 01-07-1993 are eligible to apply for the post of Air Force Academy

• Ram Niwas Jhajhria says:

sir,
    My dob is 15-09-1991 and i passed 10+2 in 2010 with 73.85% from raj. board. Can i apply for CDS airforce academy.
    Sir, please tell me immidetly.

• Akshara says:

@Ram niwas jhajhria
      As per the notification, the candidate should pass with Degree in a recognized university or Bachelor of Engineering with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 pattern are eligible to apply for the vacancies in Air force academy.

• Rajesh says:

Sir,
    I comleted 3 year diploma in civil engg. ,I post CDS from online. Please tell me.

• vidya says:

@Rajesh
      U did not mentioned under which post of cds u want to apply anyway
      for Indian Military Academy
      Candidates pass with Degree in any recognized university or equivalent
      for Indian Naval Academy
      Candidates pass with Degree in any recognized university or equivalent
      for Air Force Academy.
      candidates pass with Degree in a recognized university or Bachelor of Engineering with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 pattern
      are eligible for the vacancies.

• mohd suleman ansari says:

i am doing BBA, add on caurse of insurance management, ncc naval wing(cadet cptain, tell me something in defence sactor……….

• Aritra says:

I am in my final year, BTech, ECE.
    I want to join OTA/IMA next year.
    I had a backlog in my 2nd semester, but I cleared it subsequently.
    Am I ineligible for CDS?

• joshi says:

@ Aritra
      u can apply, but the probability to select is very less, bcz in general they give less preference to the backlog candidates .

• sweta dhanoa says:

sir, i m doing B,sc botony(h) from delhi university.and my eye sight is 5.25 both. can i aply for cds?

• bilal rajput manhas says:

sir i m in B.A final.can i apply for CDS

• Raju says:

@ Bilal rajput manhas
      u did not mentioned for which post of CDS u want to apply
      how ever
      for the post of Indian Military Academy,
      Candidates pass with Degree in any recognized university or equivalent
      for the post of Indian Naval Academy,
      candidates passed with Degree in Engineering
      for the post of Air Force Academy
      pass with Degree in a recognized university or Bachelor of Engineering with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 pattern .

• Saina says:

@ Bilal rajput manhas
      I think ur eligible for post of Indian Military Academy

• ujjal banerjee says:

i m bsc comp. sc sttudent………………can i aplly for cds????????????

• Sasi says:

@ ujjal banerjee
      u did not mentioned for which post of CDS u want to apply
      how ever
      for the post of Indian Military Academy,
      Candidates pass with Degree in any recognized university or equivalent
      for the post of Indian Naval Academy,
      candidates passed with Degree in Engineering
      for the post of Air Force Academy

• ABHISHEK JOSHI says:

sir i have done b.com

can i apply for CDS

• Neeraj says:

Sir, I have passed CDS(I) examination held in feb 2011 and now I’m studying in b.tech final year and my b.tech degree will complete in July 2012. can I go for the Interview which is on 20 Aug 2011 in Bhopal? Is there any compultion for the completion of degree at the interview time?

• Pawan Kumar Yadav says:

sir i have complited diploma in ece i can aply for cds ?

• Banty Sharma says:

Sir Namaskar,
    i have passed my B.Sc from distence education,
    can i apply for CDS ?