Indian Navy SSC Officer Eligibility: Indian Navy hires personnel for the post of Short Service Commissioned Officer Positions under University Entry Scheme (UES). Candidates to gain eligibility to apply for posts must satisfy the below given eligibility criteria…

1. Nationality: Candidates must be a citizen of India.

2. Age Limit: Candidates’ age must be between 19 years and 24 years for Final Year and between 18 1/2 years and 23 1/2 years for Pre Final Year candidates.

3. Educational Qualification: Candidates must be studying 3rd year of Engineering for pre final year and 4th year of Engineering for final year in recognised University with one of the relevant discipline and must have acquired 60% marks in aggregate.

4. Medical Standards:

Branch/Cadre Height (in cms) Eye Sight Correctable with Glasses
Men Women
General Service (Executive) 157 - 6/12, 6/12 6/6 both eyes
Pilot Entry 162.5 - 6/6, 6/9 6/6 both eyes
Observer Entry 162.5 - 6/6, 6/9 6/6 both eyes
Technical Branch 157 152 6/24, 6/24 6/6 both eyes
Info. Tech. Branch 157 - 6/60, 6/60 6/6 both eyes
Logistics (Works) 157 152 6/60, 6/60 6/6, 6/12
Tech (NA) 157 152 6/60, 6/60 6/6, 6/12

Click here for Indian Navy SSC Officer Selection Procedure

47 Responses to “Indian Navy SSC Officer Eligibility”

• vijay reddy says:

I have completed my graduation in the year 2015. Can i apply?

• Manjeeni H. says:

Respected Sir, I am graduate in B.Sc. (IT) and i am pursuing M.Sc.(IT) final year. Am i eligible to apply for this post?

• polaki. mohanarao says:

I am intermediate pass, am i eligible to apply?

• omprakash kushwaha says:

Sir, I am final year electrical engineering student. I maintain 62% upto pre final year but I got 59% in 12th standard. am I eligible for ssc officer entry or not?

• Harish Gaikwad says:

Sir, I have completed diploma in civil engineering, can I apply for Indian Navy?

• makesh kanna says:

Sir, i am studying B.E (Mechanical Engineering) now, can i apply?

• kiran says:

sir, I am studying final year of B.Tech with an aggregate of 69.5%. can i apply?

• Harendra singh says:

Sir, i have done B.Tech from electrical engineering with 64% aggregate, can i apply?

• chethan a s says:

sir , iam final year BCA student , can i apply for this job?

• pravin says:

I am in final year of engineering, can i apply for ssc navy?

• utkarsh says:

I have completed my B.Tech in electrical but last sem result is pending, so am I eligible for officer post or not?

• Pooja says:

@utkarsh
      As per the notification candidates who had required qualification as on 01-05-2015 can apply for Permanent Commissioned Officer in Logistics Cadre/ Short Service Commissioned Officer in Education Branch and Air Traffic Control in the branch of education in Indian Navy, but last date to apply is passed. For more details click the following URL:

• raju says:

I am a M.Sc CHEMISTRY STUDENT, AM I ELIGIBLE FOR NAVY EDUCATION OFFICER?

• Nidhi says:

@raju
      As per the notification candidates should have required qualification as on 01-05-2015 in order to apply for Permanent Commissioned Officer in Logistics Cadre/ Short Service Commissioned Officer in Education Branch and Air Traffic Control in the branch of education in Indian Navy.

• bijesh says:

Now i am doing 3rd year M.Sc in chemistry can i join as Indian Navy?

• SUMIT says:

I passed the b.tech final year,can I apply?

• shubham says:

I am in diploma civil engg. final year student can i apply for this vacancy?

• kp sagar says:

I have completed my B.Sc hotel management in 2013,Am i eligible for this program?

• amar says:

Sir i have completed inter (HEC) so i will eligible in Navy job or not?

• rupesh says:

I am a student of electronics and computer science,can i apply for this job?

• santhosh says:

sir i have applied for indian navy pilot/observar vacancies.then i posted the printed application along with the relevant document to address”POST BOX NO.2, Sarojini nagar,new delhi-110023″ which they mentioned in the ad. But the posted document is returned to me due to invalid address. Now what to do?

• Durga says:

Sir now i’m doing 3rd year bsc maths(computer application).can i join as indian navy officer and please tell me the exam date

• Naina says:

@durga
      As per the notification the last date for applying the post of Short Service Commissioned Officer in Indian Navy. The exam date for the post is not yet announced.

• ashok says:

I’m student do batchler degree of maths,physics,chemistry and i had maths and physics in my 12th standard.can i eligible for the pilot and observer posts in navy

• Yajat says:

@ashok
      As per the notification the candidates who completed graduate degree in any discipline with minimum 70% marks and qualified 10+2 level with Mathematics & Physics are eligible to apply for the vacancies in Indian Navy.

• avi says:

Please tell me when will exam date of INDIAN NAVY Short Service Commission (Information Technology) Dec 12 BATCH be announced and how i get information

• koofi says:

The female students can apply for this ssc officer grade ?

• aroh says:

@koofi
      The Indian Navy SSc Officer notification is invited from Unmarried Men & Women Candidates.Women can apply for posts in Naval Architecture cadre & Logistics(Works).

• Ravinder says:

i am student of electrical & electonics engineering. can i apply for this job ?

• nidhi says:

@ravinder
      As per notification vacancies are available in Indian navy SSC Officer for Candidates who studying 3rd year of Engineering for pre final year and 4th year of Engineering for final year in recognized University with electrical, electronics,electronic & communication ,Electronic & instrumentation for Electrical Branch must have acquired 60% marks in aggregate.

• Nandha says:

i am 2012 fresher can i able to apply for this job?

• aroh says:

@nandha
      As per notification to apply for the post of Technical Branch in Indian Navy SSC Officer Candidates must be studying 3rd year of Engineering for pre final year and 4th year of Engineering for final year in recognised University with one of the relevant discipline and must have acquired 60% marks in aggregate.