Get Free Job Alerts on your Mobile by SMS- Subscribe now
Before Your Salary Negotiation do following
- Try to know more information about employer or organization. Decide yourself to join or not join in this organization.
- Perform your technical discussions/interviews well to get a good salary.
- If you want join this organization then only go for salary negotiation.
- Do some Research on Salaries in Your Field or specialization.
- Try to ask you friends or relatives (if they are in same field) about salary trends in current market.
Salary negotiation suggestions
- Never feel shy or afraid to negotiate the salary, you couldn’t get it unless you ask for it.
- If employer asked you for a figure of your expected salary, suggest a range rather than an actual figure.
- Don’t initiate salary discussions or say anything about pay during your job interview unless asked.
- The most important thing to remember when discussing your salary is that it is a negotiation.
- At the time of salary negotiation don’t say you need some more time to consider the offer, the employer doesn’t know what you really want. Mention the range of salary you want.
- If you really impressed the interviewers enough, think in mind it will be difficult for employer to get person like you again.
- Never lie about your salary details, that might be the cause of termination if the employer find it out after they hire you.
Tags:it job salary in india, salary negotiation, salary negotiation interview, salary negotiation skills, salary negotiation tactics, salary negotiation techniques, salary negotiation tips, salary negotiation with hr