|Post Date||Recruitment Board||Post Name||Qualification||Advt No||Last Date||More Information|
|29/09/2016||Kochi Metro Rail Ltd||DGM/ SDGM (Operations) – 02 Posts||Degree (Science or Engg.)||.||17/10/2016||Get Details..|
|22/09/2016||Northeast Frontier Railway||Cultural Quota – 02 Posts||12th Class with Typing Knowledge, Degree/ Diploma||.||17/10/2016||Get Details|
|19/09/2016||Northeast Frontier Railway||Act Apprentices – 60 Posts||Matriculation||01/2016-17||12/10/2016||Get Details|
|19/09/2016||South Central Railway||Sports Quota – 21 Posts||10th Class/ SSC with ITI, 12th Class||.||17/10/2016||Get Details|
|19/09/2016||Northeast Frontier Railway||Yoga Instructor/ Teacher||Diploma in Yoga Studies||01/2016||14/10/2016||Get Details..|
|16/09/2016||Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd||CRA, Station Controller/ Train Operator, Maintainer, JE, AM – 3428 Posts||ITI, Diploma (Engg.), B.E/ B.Tech, Any Degree, CA/ ICWA, MBA||01/2016||15/10/2016||Get Details|
|10/09/2016||Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd||Addl.General Manager – 01 Post||Degree (Engg.)||.||30/09/2016||Get Details|
|08/09/2016||Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd||Management Trainee (Legal) – 01 Post||Degree in Law||05/2016||30/09/2016||Get Details|
Railway Jobs Latest Updates
|Post Date||Details||Source||More Information|
|21-09-2016||RRB NTPC result 2016 to be declared in first half on October||Financial Express||Get Details|
|21-09-2016||RRB NTPC result 2016: Stage I result in October||Indian Express||Get Details|
|19-09-2016||RRB NTPC exam 2016 results in first fortnight of October: Railway official||Hindustan Times||Get Details|
|16-09-2016||RRB NTPC 2016: Results to be released soon, second stage exam in November||The Indian Express||Get Details|
|07-09-2016||Centre mulls railway jobs for youths to curb insurgency||Times of India||Get Details|
|02-09-2016||Indian Railways RRB NTPC recruitment will have 2nd stage exam; Pattern announced||Business Standard||Get Details|
|31-08-2016||RRB NTPC results 2016: Updated answer keys to release in Sept or Oct 2016||The Indian Express||Get Details|
|31-08-2016||RRB NTPC 2016 exam: Updated answer key in September or October||Hindustan Times||Get Details|
|30-08-2016||Notice for the candidates of NTPC(Graduate) Exam against CEN No.03/ 2015||RRB||Get Details|
|22-08-2016||RRB NTPC 2016 results to release by September end||The Indian Express||Get Details|
|09-08-2016||RRB NTPC Result 2016 Update; Railway Boards to release Answer Key Soon||Jagran||Get Details|
|25-07-2016||RRB NTPC Results 2016 likely to be declared by Indian Railway in August||Jagran||Get Details|
|22-07-2016||Fourteen million jobs vacant in the railway security||Hindustan Times||Get Details|
|11-07-2016||Central tribunal allow dead railway employee’s daughter get father’s job||Hindustan Times||Get Details|
|11-07-2016||RRB NTPC Result 2016 (CEN 03/2015) to be declared soon||Jagran||Get Details|
|07-07-2016||RRB NTPC result 2016 not releasing on July 10||Financial Express||Get Details|
|27-06-2016||RRB NTPC exam 2016: Result under process||Indian Express||Get Details|
|21-05-2016||Changes in Railway Recruitment Examinations||Live Hindustaan||Get Details|
This page lists all currently ongoing railway jobs. All over India there are 17 zones and 71 divisions (under those 17 zones) in Indian Railways. 17th zone is setup as an independent zone in 2010. Each division is managed by Divisional Railway Manager (DRM).
The 17 zones and their headquarters are
1. Central Railway (CR) – Mumbai
2. East Central Railway (ECR) – Hajipur
3. East Coast Railway (ECoR) – Bhubaneswar
4. Eastern Railway (ER) – Kolkata
5. North Central Railway (NCR) – Allahabad
6. North Eastern Railway (NER) – Gorakhpur
7. North Western Railway (NWR) - Jaipur
8. Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) – Guwahati
9. Northern Railway Railway (NR) – Delhi
10. South Central Railway (SCR) – Secunderabad
11. South East Central Railway (SECR) – Bilaspur
12. South Eastern Railway (SER) – Kolkata
13. South Western Railway (SWR) – Hubli
14. Southern Railway (SR) – Chennai
15. West Central Railway (WCR) – Jabalpur
16. Western Railway (WR) – Mumbai
17. Metro Railway, Kolkata – Kolkata
There are four types of group level jobs. They are Group A and Group B (Gazetted) and Group C and D (Non-gazetted). Each of these groups will have both technical and non-technical cadre.
1. Group A Posts Recruitment: UPSC does the recruitment for this category by conducting a written exam, interview/group discussion as necessary.
Exams conducted for this category : Civil Service Exam, Engineering Service Exam, and Combined Medical Service Examination.
Through the civil services exam, the following services are included:
a. Indian Railway Accounts Service
b. Indian Railway Traffic Service
c. Indian Railway Personnel Service
d. Railway Protection Force (RPF)
Through the Combined Engineering Services Exam, the following services are included.
a.Indian Railway Stores Service
b.Indian Railway Service of Engineers
c.Railway service of Signal Engineers
d.Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers
e.Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers
UPSC also conducts Special Class Railway Apprentice (SCRA) Examination to recruit mechanical engineers in Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers.
2. Group B Posts Recruitment: There is no direct recruitment for Group B posts. Group C employees are promoted as Group B officers.
3. Group C Posts Recruitment: The Group C posts both technical and non technical recruitment are conducted by 19 Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs) across all zones in Indian Railways.
Non Technical Posts: Some of the Non-Technical posts are Assistant Station Masters, Trains Clerks, Clerks, Ticket Collectors, Commercial Apprentice, Traffic Apprentice and others.
Technical Posts: Technical engineers in Signal, Telecommunication, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and others.
4. Group D Posts Recruitment: The Group D recruitment is done by Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) at the divisional level. Some of posts in this group are the gunman, Safaiwala, Trackman, peon, tracker and others.