Odisha Civil Service Exam Eligibility Criteria: Odisha Civil Services Examination Eligibility Details are given below….
Age Limit: A candidate shall be under thirty-two years and over twenty-one years of age as on 01-01-2020.i.e. he/ she must not have been born earlier than 02-01-1988 and not later than 01-01-1999. Age relaxation shall be as per Government Rules, prescribed for the purpose.
Provided that a person who comes under more than one category mentioned above, shall be eligible for only one benefit of upper age relaxation, which shall be considered most beneficial to him/her.
Educational Qualification: A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree from any University incorporated by an Act of the Central or a State Legislature in India or an Educational Institution established by an Act of Parliament or deemed to be a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or a Foreign University approved by the Central Government.
Other Eligibility Conditions:
1. A candidate must be a citizen of India;
2. He/she must be able to read, write and speak Odia and have-
(a) passed Middle School Examination with Odia as Language subject ; or
(b) passed High School Certificate or equivalent examination with Odia as medium of examination in non-language subject; or
(c) passed in Odia as a language subject in the final examination of Class-VII from a School or educational Institution recognized by the Government of Odisha or the Central Government; or
(d) passed a test in Odia in Middle English School Standard conducted by the School & Mass Education department of the Government of Odisha.
3. A candidate, who has more than one spouse living or in case of a woman candidate, if married to a person having one spouse living, shall not be eligible for appearing at the examination unless the State Government has exempted his/ her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons.
4. Government Servants, whether permanent or temporary, are eligible to appear at the Examination, provided they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age limit.
5. If a candidate has, at any time, been debarred for a certain period/chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any examination/Interview, he/she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period/chance (s).
6.Only those candidate, who possess the requisite qualification and fulfill other eligibility conditions by the closing date of receipt of applications will be considered eligible.
7. The period of probation will be applicable as prescribed in the recruitment rules of different services.
8. The candidate must have good moral character. The candidate must have good mental condition and bodily healthy and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his/her duties as an officer of the Service/ Post. A candidate, who, after such medical examination, as the Government may prescribe, is not found to satisfy these requirements, will not be appointed.
Physical Standard: The candidate to be passed as fit for appointment, a candidate must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties on this appointment. Physical standards of the candidates are given in the following link…