Get Free Job Alerts on your Mobile by SMS- Subscribe now
UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam 2013 – Apply Online for 85 Vacancies: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has issued notification against recruitment of 85 various vacancies through Indian Forest Service (IFS) Examination, 2013. Eligible candidates may apply online on or before 04-04-2013. Other details like age limit, educational qualification, application fee details, selection process and how to apply are given below…
Note:Candidates desirous of applying for Indian Forest Service Examination as well as for the civil services examination can apply through a common online application form subject to meeting the requisite eligibility criteria by them.
UPSC Indian Forest Service Examination:
Total Number of Vacancies: 85
Age Limit: Candidates’ must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on Cutoff date for determining age limit would be 01-08-2013. Age relaxations will be extended as per Govt. rules.
Educational Qualification: Candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
Application Fee Details: Candidates applying (excepting Female/SC/ST/PH candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) for Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination are required to pay a fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit card.
Selection Process: Candidates should note that the government has changed the pattern of Indian Forests Service Examination from the current year by introducing a component of screening mechanism through civil services (preliminary) examination. All the candidates applying for Indian Forests Service Examination are therfore required to appear in the Civil Services (Preliminary) examination and qualify the same for going to the second stage of Indian Forests Services Main Examination (written and interview).The Union Public Service Commission will hold a Screening Test for selection to Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, 2013 through Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2013.
How to Apply: Candidates are required to apply Online using the link www.upsconline.nic.in for Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination which will act as a screening mechanism for selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination on or before 04-04-2013.
Instructions for Online Application:
1. Candidates should uploaded their scanned photo and signature.
2. Log on to www.upsconline.nic.in
3. Select on ‘Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC’ link and select the IFS Exam link.
4. Select the Part-I Registration link which consists of personal details.
5. After filling up all marked details of Part-I, click on ‘Continue’ button.
6. This will provide you with Registration ID, retain it.
7. To fill up Part-II of Application, Registration Number and Date of Birth must be entered.
8. Fill all marked details in the application form upload photo & signature.
9. A fresh page opens up indicating your Registration Id and showing three options of payments.
10. Click on the radio button corresponding to the choice of your payment and then click on continue.
11. If paying by cash, fresh window opens wherein Transaction Id given by the State Bank of India and Date of Transaction is to be filled in. The transaction Id given by the bank is to be a seven or eight digit numeric character, which is to be filled in the Transaction-Id field.
12. Considering the All India spread of the SBI there is a possibility of writing of Transaction ID on the Pay-in-slip by the bank staff variously as TId – 0012121212 or J – 0012121212 or 0012121212 etc. if in eight digits or as TId – 001212121 or J – 001212121 or 001212121 etc if in seven digits. Candidates are requested to fill in only the last 7 or 8 digits as the case may be, dropping out any alphabet, special character or prefixed zeroes. In above two cases fill in Transaction Id as 12121212 0r 1212121.
13. After filling in Transaction Id and Date of Transaction Click continue. A fresh page opens indicating payment details filled in. After verification Click submit. Fresh page opens intimating submission of payment details and prompting to proceed to complete uploading of Photo and Signature.
14. Candidates opting to pay through Visa/Master Credit/Debit card or State Bank Of India/State Bank Of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank Of Hyderabad/State Bank Of Mysore/State Bank Of Patiala/State Bank Of Travancore Internet Banking facility would be directed to their respective sites and after completing payment process would be directed back intimating payment details and prompted to proceed to complete uploading of Photo and Signature.
15. If the candidate has opted for the fee remission in the Part-I Registration these payment option and pages will not be shown to him and he will be directed to the photograph & signature specimen uploading page.
16. After submission of all the details click on ‘Submit’ button and take the print out of the hard copy of application form and retain it.
Starting Date for Online Application: 05-03-2013
Last Date for Online Application: 04-04-2013
Date of Preliminary Examination: 26-05-2013
Date of Main Examination: September/October 2013.
For more details like vacancy distribution, pay scale, reservations, other requirements, other instructions and scheme of examination, click on the link given below…
Tags:Central Govt. Jobs, upsc jobs