OPSC Junior Lecturer Eligibility Details: Odisha Public Service Commission’s (OPSC) Junior Lecturer eligibility details are given below….
Age Limit: A candidate should be under 32 (thirty-two) years and over 21 (twenty-one) years of age i.e. he/she must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1981 and not later than 1st January, 1992.
Age Relaxation: The upper age-limit prescribed above is relaxable by 5 (five) years for candidates belonging to the categories of Scheduled Castes (S.C.), Scheduled Tribes (S.T.), Socially & Educationally Backward Classes (S.E.B.C.), Women and Ex-Servicemen, and by 10 (ten) years for Physically Handicapped candidates, whose disability should not be less than 40%.
Provided that in case a candidate who comes under more than one category mentioned above, he/she will be eligible for only one age relaxation benefit, which shall be considered most beneficial to him/her.
A candidate should posses a Master’s Degree in the concerned subject from a recognized University with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade with a Second Class in the Bachelor’s Degree or Ph.D., D.Sc., D.Litt., M.Phill and M.litt. with at least 50 % marks in Master’s Degree with a 2nd class in the Bachelor’s Degree .
Provided that candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes shall posses a Master’s Degree in the concerned subject from a recognized University with at least 50% of marks or its equivalent grade with a 2nd class in the Bachelor’s Degree .
Other Eligibility Conditions:
1. The candidate must be a citizen of India;
2. The candidate should be able to speak, read and write Odia fluently and must have passed at least an examination in Odia language equivalent to that of Middle English School Standard conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or the Education Department of the Government of Odisha or any other Board or Council of Secondary Education approved by the Government of Odisha in support of passing of Odia language (M.E. School Standard) or have passed High School Certificate or equivalent examination with Odia as medium of examination in non language subject.
3. A candidate, who has more than one spouse living, will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his/her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
4. Government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply, provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age-limit. They must inform their respective Heads of Offices in writing regarding submission of their applications for this recruitment and obtain “No Objection Certificate”;
5. If a candidate has at any time, been debarred for a certain period/chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any examination/ interview, he/she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period/chance(s);