UPSC CMS Exam Pattern Details: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Combined Medical Services (CMS) Examination pattern and scheme of examination are given below….
Exam Pattern: Combined Medical Services (CMS) Examination consists of Computer based Examination & Personality Test/ Interview. Computer based Examination consists 2 papers; each paper carries 250 maximum marks and 2 hours duration. The candidates who qualify Computer based Examination will be called for Personality Test/ Interview process.
Examination Shall be conducted in Two Parts:
1. Computer based Examination (500 Marks)
2. Personality Test (100 Marks)
1. Computer based Examination: The candidates will take the Computer based Examination in two papers (Paper I & Paper II), each paper carrying a maximum of 250 marks. Each paper will be of two hours duration.
Paper-I & Maximum Marks are given below:
|1. General Ability||30 Questions|
|2. General Medicine||70 Questions|
|3. Paediatrics||20 Questions|
Total questions in Paper I = 120 (30 General Ability, 70 General Medicine and 20 Paediatrics).
Paper-II & Maximum Marks are given below:
|1. Surgery||40 questions|
|2. Gynecology & Obstetrics||40 questions|
|3. Preventive & Social Medicine||40 questions|
Total questions in Paper II= 120 (40 Surgery, 40 Gynaecology & Obstetrics and 40 Preventive & Social Medicine).
1. There will be penalty (Negative Making) for wrong answers marked by a candidates in the objective type question papers.
2. There are four alternatives for the answers to every question.
3. If a question is left blank i.e no answer is given by the candidates, there will be no penalty for that question.
4. Candidates are not permitted to use calculators for answering objective type papers.
Note: Compensatory time of twenty minutes per hour shall be permitted for the candidates with locomotors disability and cerebral palsy where dominant (Writing) extremity is affected to the extent of slowing the performance of function (minimum of 40% impairment) in the Combined Medical Services Examination, 2016.
Part II: Personality Test: Candidates who qualify in the Computer based Examination will be called for Interview/ Personality Test to be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The Interview/ Personality Test will cary 100 marks.
The Interview for personality test will be intended to serve as a supplement to the written examination for testing the General Knowledge and ability of the candidates in the fields of their academic study and also in the nature of personality test to assess the candidate’s Intellectual curiosity, integrity of character, initiative and capability for leadership.
UPSC CMS Selection Process Details
Responses to “UPSC CMS Exam Pattern Details”
plz tell me syllbaus of cisf head constable