West Bengal Police Constable Exam Pattern: West Bengal Police constable Exam Pattern and Scheme of Examination are given below….
I.Exam Pattern for Excise Constable Posts: West Bengal Police Constable Exam pattern will consists of Written Test and Interview.
1. Physical Efficiency Test for the post of Excise Constable: Long distance run 1600 Meters (Qualifying time is 06 minute 30 seconds).
2. Physical Efficiency test for Female Candidates: Long distance run 400 meters (Qualifying time is 02 minutes).
3. Written Examination: The written test will be conducted for 90 marks. The Question paper will be in the multiple choice (four choices) format, each will carry one mark and one fourth mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. Questions in the written test shall be in the following subjects:
1. General Awareness and general knowledge: Full Marks-25
2. English: Full Marks-25
3. Elementary Mathematics (Madhyamik Standard)- 25
II. Exam Pattern for Lady Constable Posts:
1. Physical Measurement Test (PMT): The height and weight of the candidates will be measured by Electronic Machines.
2. Physical Efficiency Test (PET): Candidates who qualify in PMT will be eligible for PET.
Candidates will have to complete 400 meters race in maximum 2 minutes. Timing of individual runner shall be taken with the help of RFID (Radio Frequency Identification Device) Technology. Physical Efficiency Test will be a qualifying in nature. Only one chance will be given for Physical Efficiency Test.
3. Written Examination: The candidates who qualify in PMT and PET will be asked to appear in a written
examination. The written examination will be conducted by West Bengal Police Recruitment Board. The written examination will have Multiple objective type questions (MCQ) on General Awareness, General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics. There will also be a few questions which will test the candidate’s ability to distinguish patterns. The candidates are expected to fill up the correct blank space against a question number on the machine readable OMR Answer Sheet. The question paper will be in English, Bengali, Hindi and Nepali, but the answers will have to be filled up correctly in OMR sheet. There will be negative marking for wrong answer.