UPSC CPF(AC) Selection Procedure: Central Police Forces (CPF) (Assistant Commandants) Examination conducts by Union Public Service Commission for different central forces in India namely SSB, BSF, ITBP, CISF, CRPF. The selection process details are given below.
CPF (Central Police Force) Selection Procedure consists of 3 stages.
1. Written Examination
2. Physical Standards Test/ Physical Efficiency Test/ Medical Standards Test
3. Interview/ Personality Test
1. Written Examination: The written examination to be conducted by Union Public Service Commission will comprise two papers. Paper I & Paper II.
Paper I: General Ability and Intelligence – 250 Marks
Paper I consists of Objective (Multiple Answers) Type questions and questions will be set in English as well as Hindi. There is negative mark will be cut for each wrong answer.
Paper II: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension – 200 Marks
In this paper candidates will be allowed the option of writing the Essay Component in English or Hindi, but the medium of Precis Writing, Comprehension Components and other communications/ language skills will be in English.
2. Physical Standards/ Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests: Candidates who are qualified in the written examination will be called for the Physical Standards/ Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests.
Physical Efficiency Tests (PET):
|a. 100 Meters race||MalesIn 16 seconds||FemalesIn 18Seconds|
|b. 800 Meters race||In 3 minutes 45 seconds||In 4 min 45 seconds|
|c. Long Jump||3.5 Meters (3 chances)||3.0 Meters (3 chances)|
|d. shot-put (7.26 kgs)||4.5 meters||—|
Note: Pregnancy at the time of PET will be a disqualification and pregnant female candidate will be rejected.
3. Interview/ Personality Test: Candidates who are declared qualified in the Medical Standards Tests, will be called for Interview/Personality Test to be conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Candidates who are declared medically unfit but allowed to appear before the “Review Medical Board” on their appeal by the Appellate Authority will be called for Interview/ Personality Tests provisionally. Candidates who are short-listed for Interview/ Personality Test, including those short-listed for Interview/ Personality Test provisionally will be issued a Detailed Application Form (DAF) in which among other things, they will be required to indicate their preference of Forces. Interview/ Personality Test will carry 150 Marks.
4. Final Selection/ Merit: The merit list will be drawn on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination and Interview/ Personality Test.
UPSC CPF (AC) Eligibility Details
UPSC CPF (AC) Exam Pattern Details
Responses to “UPSC CPF(AC) Selection Procedure”
When the Result will be declared for the posts in CAPF?