Indian Army NCC Selection Procedure: Indian Army recruits vacancies through NCC Special Entry Scheme 39th Course-Apr 2016 Short Service Commission (NT) for Men & Women. The selection process followed by Indian Army NCC has been detailed below.
Selection Procedure Details: Selection Process is based on Physical Standards, Visual Standards and Physical Fitness Standards at OTA followed by Group Tests, Psychological Tests, Interview and Medical Examination.
1. Short listing of applications based on qualifications of the candidates will be carried out by the NCC Directorates and HQ DG NCC.
2. Candidates after short listing will be detailed for SSB interview by Additional Directorate General of Recruiting. The decision of Headquarter DG NCC and Addl. Dte Gen Rtg in Army HQ, in the matter of Short listing and forwarding of applications to SSBs will be final.
3. On arrival at the Selection Centre the candidates will be administered stage-I of the two stage testing procedure. Candidates failing in stage-I will be Sent back on the same day and those who qualify will be detained to undergo Group Tests, Psychological Tests and Interview which will extend for duration of 5 days.
4. Candidates recommended by SSBs will be required to go through Medical Exam. Candidates who are found medically fit will be placed in order of merit as per the marks obtained in SSB interview amongst the recommended candidates.
5. Candidates recommended by the Service Selection Board will undergo medical examination by a Board of Service Medical Officers. Women candidates recommended by Service Selection Board will undergo medical examination by a medical board of male/female doctors/Specialists/Gynecologist. However, there will be a Lady Medical Officer as member the Medical Board for female candidates.
6. The final selection will be made as per the order of merit subject to medical fitness and suitability in all other respects and number of vacancies available.