Punjab Civil Services Eligibility Criteria: Punjab Public Services Commission’s (PPSC) Punjab State Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination Eligibility details are given below…..
A candidate shall be a:
i. Citizen of India; or
ii. Citizen of Nepal; or
iii. Subject of Bhutan; or
iv. Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the Ist January. 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India; or
v. A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda and United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar) Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India;
Provided that a candidate other than the candidates possessing Indian nationality shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Competent Authority as notified Punjab Civil Services General and Common Conditions of Service) Rules, 1994.
B. Age Limit: The candidate should have attained the age of 21 years but should not be older than 37 years.
A candidate should have attained the minimum age of 21 years and should not have attained the age of 28 years for the post of Deputy Superintendent Police and Deputy Superintendent Jail)/ District Probation Officer (Grade-II) in Punjab Prisons State Service.
1. The upper age limit for a Punjab Government/Other State Government/ Central Government employee will be relaxed up to 45 years.
2.The Upper age limit may be relaxed up to 33 years for Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes of Punjab only in case of Punjab Police Service and Punjab Prisons Service.
3. The Upper age limit may be relaxed up to 42 years for Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes of Punjab only in case of other services except Punjab Police Service and Punjab Prisons Service.
4. Upper age limit may be relaxed up to 42 years for Widows, Divorced women and certain other Categories of women. However no age relaxation is permissible for women in case of Punjab Police Services and Punjab Prisons Service.
5. Upper age limit may be relaxed up to 47 years for Physically Handicapped of Punjab only. However no age relaxation is permissible in case of Punjab Police Service and Punjab Prisons Service
6. Ex-servicemen of Punjab Domicile shall be allowed to deduct the period of his service in the Armed Forces of Union from his actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed the maximum age limit prescribed for direct appointment to such a vacancy in the Service Rules concerned by more than three years, he shall be deemed to satisfy the condition regarding age limit.
C. Educational Qualification: The candidate should possess a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university or institution; Provided that the candidate may be permitted to take preliminary examination while studying for the qualifying degree. However, the candidate shall be required to produce proof of qualifying the degree course for being eligible to take the Main Competitive Examination.
D. Physical standards for the post of Deputy Superintendent of Police and Deputy Superintendent of Jails (Grade-II)/ District Probation Officer (Jails):
|Minimum Height||Chest Measurement|
|Applicable for men only|
|For Men||For Women||Un expanded||Expanded|
|5 feet 7 inches||5 feet 3 inches||33 inches||34.5 inches|
Number of Attempts for this Examinations:
1. Unless covered by any of the exceptions, notified by Government in this behalf from time to time, the candidates belonging to the categories specified below, subject however, to the provisions of rule 7, may avail the following number of attempts as specified in the Table given below, at the examination, namely: General Category – Six, Backward Classes – Nine, Schedule Castes – Unlimited.
2. For the purpose of this rule, an appearance of a candidate in the Preliminary Examination, shall be deemed to be an attempt at the examination.
3. Ex-servicemen category candidates are permitted only three attempts at the Examination.