Get Free Job Alerts on your Mobile by SMS- Subscribe now
TNPSC Group 2 Selection Procedure Details: Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission – TNPSC conducts Group 2 (Combined Subordinate Service Examination-I) Examination for the recruitment of various vacancies in Tamil Nadu State Government Departments. Candidates who possess any degree are eligible to apply for the Group 2 (CSSE-I) examination. Following are the selection procedure details…
Selection Procedure: The selection of candidates for appointment to the interview or non interview posts included in the Group 2 (CSSE-I) Examination will be made in two successive stages.
I. For Interview Posts:
i. Written Examination
ii. Oral Test (Interview)
II. For Non Interview Posts:
i. Written Examination
ii. Document Verification
I. Written Examination:
1. The written examination is of Objective Type, which consists General Knowledge, General English, General Tamil.
2. Two Types of Question Papers will be set. One is general Knowledge with General Tamil and another one is General Knowledge with General English.
3. The question paper will be framed in such a way that 100 questions will be on General Knowledge & remaining 100 questions will be either in General English or General Tamil.
4. The questions on General Knowledge will be set both in English and in Tamil and it is of Degree standard, the questions on General Tamil/General English will be set in the respective languages and it is of SSLC standard.
5. Time duration is 3 hours and maximum marks are 340 (Both Written Exam & Oral Test).
6. Minimum qualifying marks for selection for written cum oral test is 102 and for only written test is 90 marks.
II. Oral Test (Interview): Candidates who are qualified in the written examination will be admitted for oral test. Maximum Marks for oral test is 40.
III. Final Selection: The Final selection will be made on the basis of the total marks obtained by the candidates at the Written Examination and Oral Test taken together and the post option exercised by the candidates and by following the rule of reservation of appointments separately for each post and unit. Candidate’s appearance in the Written Examination and for Oral Test is compulsory so as to consider them for Interview Posts. The candidates who are to be considered only for non-interview post, will be summoned for certificate verification after the conduct of oral test.
Tags:TNPSC Group 2, tnpsc results