Get Free Job Alerts on your Mobile by SMS- Subscribe now
UPSC IFS Exam Eligibility Criteria: Union Public Service Commission’s (UPSC) Indian Forest Service ( IFS) Examination eligibility details are given below…
1. Nationality: The candidate must be either:
(a) A citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India. Or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
2. Age Limit: A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years, i.e. he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1984 and not later than 1st August, 1995.
The upper age limit relaxations given below.
(a).The Age relaxable for SC, ST’S candidates – 5 years
(b). Age relaxable for OBC candidates – 3 years
(c). Age relaxable for 3 years in case of defence services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or disturbed area.
(d). 5 years Age relax able for Ex-service men including commissioned officers and ECOs/ SSCOs who have completed an initial period of a assignment of 5 years military service .(As the date given in advt)
(e). 5 years age relaxable in the case of ECOs/ SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of 5 years of military service. (As the date given based in advt).
(f). Ten years Age relaxation for blind, deaf, deaf, mute and orthopaedically handicapped candidates.
(g). 5 years age relaxable if a candidate had ordinary been domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January (As the date given based on Advt).
3. Educational Qualification: The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
4. Number of Attempts: Every candidate appearing at the Examination, who is otherwise eligible, shall be permitted six attempts at the examination. Provided that this restriction on the number of attempts will not apply in case of scheduled caste and scheduled tribes candidates who are otherwise eligible. Number of attempts permissible to candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes, who are otherwise eligible, shall be nine.
5. Physical Standards: The candidate must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Indian Forest Service Examination.
Tags:upsc jobs, upsc results