Get Free Job Alerts on your Mobile by SMS- Subscribe now
Questions = 50 ; Time limit = 50 minutes. no negative marking. Offline (paper & pen) test
Section1- English, 15 questions
Direction 1-5 : In each of the following questions, find out which part of the sentence has an error. if there is no mistake the answer is ‘no error’
1. Neither the plans / suits him and therefore / he decided not to / go out yesterday / No error
2. The Cabinet Ministers and the Prime Minister / was at the airport / to receive the foreign dignitary / No error
Ans : B
3. While proceeding on leave / he had orally committed that / he will resume after two days/ No error
Ans : C
4. The number of people / applying were so large / that the college had to / stop issuing application forms / No error
5. a series of lectures / of Indian philosophy / are arranged by the University / No error
Directions 6-10: The following questions, consist of two words each that have a certain relationship to each other, followed by four lettered pairs of words. Select the lettered pair that has the same relationship as the original pair of words.
6. Illiterate : Uneducated
A) Country : State B) City : Village C) Palace : Hut D) Vision : Sight
Ans ; D
7. Money : Transaction
A) Life : Death B) Water : Drink C) Ideas : Exchange D) Language : Conversation
8. Overlook : Aberration
A) Mitigate : Penitence B) Condone : Offence C) Error : Omission D) Conviction : Criminal
9. Utopia : English
A) Odyssey : Greek B) Tulsidas : Sanskrit C) Monalisa : English D) Dante : Latin
10. Sailor : Pirate
A) Police : Robbers B) Lion : Lamb C) Plant : Fungus D) Major : Sepoy
Ans : C
Directions 11-12 : In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Active (or passive) voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested select the one which best express the same sentence in Passive (or Active) Voice.
11. I know him.
A) He is known by me
B) He was known to me
C) He has been known by me
D) He is known to me
Ans : D
12. The residents celebrated the Independence Day
A) The Independence Day celebrated by the residents
B) The Independence Day was celebrated by the residents
C) The Independence Day has been celebrated by the residents
D) Celebration of Independence Day was done by the residents
Directions 13-15 : Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blank to make the sentence meaningfully complete
13. Even if rains all day I will not be able to …………………….my journey
A) put by B) put out C) put off D) put away
14. Help yourself………………..whatever you can use without wasting
A) with B) to C) in D) for
15. There is an exception……………………….every rule.
A) on B) to C) in D) for
Section2-apptitude 15 questions
The questions 1-7 are based on the following pattern. The problems below contain a question and two statements giving certain data. You have to decide whether the data given in the statements are sufficient for answering the questions. The correct answer is
(A) If statement (I) alone is sufficient but statement (II) alone is not sufficient.
(B) If statement (II) alone is sufficient but statement(I) alone is not sufficient.
(C) If both statements together are sufficient but neither of statements alone is sufficient.
(D) If both together are not sufficient.
(E) If statements (I) and (II) are not sufficient
1. What is the volume of a cubical box in cubic centimetres?
(I) One face of the box has an area of 49 sq.cms.
(II) The longest diagonal of the box is 20 cms.
2. Is z positive?
(I) y+z is positive
(II) y-z is positive
3. Is x>y ? x, y are real numbers?
(I) 8x = 6y
(II) x = y + 4
4. If a ground is rectangular, what is its width?
(I) The ratio of its length to its breadth is 7:2
(II) Perimeter of the playground is 396 mts.
5. If the present age of my father is 39 yrs and my present age is x yrs, what is x?
(I) Next year my mother will be four times as old as i would be.
(II) My brother is 2 years older than I and my father is 4 years older than my mother.
6. How many brothers and sisters are there in the family of seven children?
(I) Each boy in the family has as many sisters as brothers
(II) Each of the girl in the family has twice as many brothers as sisters
7. x is not equal to 0, is x + y = 0?
(I) x is the reciprocal of y
(II) x is not equal to 1
8. Find sum of 3 + 5/(1+22) + 7/(1 + 22 + 32) + ……
Ans. 3n/(1 + n)
9. Out of 55 eggs 5 are defective. what is % of defective eggs
10. 1/8 is divided by ‘s’ , if ‘s’ is increased by 2 times, what is the result.
Ans: increases two times
11. For each hour an watch is going slow by 30 seconds. Now time is
8a.m.What will be the actual time at 8p.m.
12. If a person walks at 4/5th of his usual spee he reaches 40min late. If he walks at his usual speed how much time does he travels.
Ans:160min or 2hr 40min
13. In a class 80% have passed english,70% passed Hindi 10% did not passed either. If 144 students passed both. What is
the total strength of the class.
14. Find the least number when divided by 7 gives the reminder 6, when divided by 6 gives reminder 5, when divided by 5
gives reminder 4 and so on….
15. If a man stands in front of sun what is the first letter of the direction which is left to him:
Section3 Technical , 20 Questions:
1. After execution of CMP, a instruction in Intel 8085 microprocessor
(a) ZF is set and CY is reset.
(b) ZF is set CY is unchanged
(c) ZF is reset, CY is set
(d) ZF is reset , CY is unchanged .
2. Convert the infix to postfix for A-(B+C)*(D/E)
3. Picard’s method uses _______?
Ans. Successive Differentiation.
Predict the output or error(s) for the following:
4. void main()
int const * p=5;
Ans: Compiler error: Cannot modify a constant value.
char s[ ]=”man”;
for(i=0;s[ i ];i++)
printf(“\n%c%c%c%c”,s[ i ],*(s+i),*(i+s),i[s]);
6. Identify the recording mode, by which you can record the non-standard object in QTP
A) Standard recording B) Analog recording
C) Low level recording D) None
7. By default, how many no of tables would be there in a script?
a) One b) Two c) Three d) Four
8. The file extension of Shared object repository file is
A .MTR B. .TSR C. .QRS D. None
9. To invoke the function which does not return any value, we can use
a. call function name b. function name
c. Both A & B d. None
10. How many bits are needed within a machine code instruction to select a single register in a machine with 16 general registers?
a. 2 b. 3 c. 4 d. 5
11. which key in any windows screen is used to invoke file menu
12. Object which is used for calling the win32 api functions in QTP, we use
A extern B. description C. environment D. None
13. What is the result of adding the binary numbers 01000001 and 11111111 on an 8 bit machine?
A. 11111111 B. 00000000 C. 01111111 D. Overflow
14. Which of the following does POP stand for?
A. Post Office Protocol B. Peer over peer
C. Private Office Protocol D. Post Optical Protocol
15. Which of the following stages of compilation produces a syntax tree?
A. Parsing B. Code generation
C. Lexical analysis D. Semantic analysis
16. Which of the following is not contained in a system description?
A. Internal data flows B. Flows leaving and entering the system
C. Relationship between external entities D. Internal components or processes
17. What is the result of adding the binary numbers 01000011 and 10010000 on an 8 bit machine?
A. 11010011 B. 11110011 C. 11001011 D. 11010101
18. How is the decimal value for 30 represented in binary?
A. 00001111 B. 00011010 C. 00011110 D. 00011111
19. A memory chip has 8 data lines and 9 address lines. How many bytes can be stored on it?
A. 511 B. 512 C. 500 D. 256
20. Which of the following devices requires the highest input data transferrate?
A. mouse B. Keyboard C. Floppy disk D. CD
Tags:interview questions and answers, interview questions in wipro, placement papers of wipro, placement papers with answers, Wipro, wipro placement criteria, wipro placement papers 2008, wipro placement papers 2009 pdf, wipro placement papers 2009 with answers, wipro placement papers 2010, wipro placement papers 2010 with answers, wipro placement papers download, wipro placement papers for bsc, wipro placement papers pdf, wipro placement papers with answers, wipro placements 2010